Mrs. Kally Evans' Education
- Willis High School (2003)
- Sam Houston State University: Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance (2008)
Years Teaching at Lynn Lucas MS
- Sam Houston State University Dance Alumni President (4 years).
- Science Department Head.
- Association of Texas Professional Educators Leadership Award Winner: Texas Campus Representative of the year 2016.
- NCA Outstanding Veteran Coach Award 2014.
- Association of Texas Professional Educators Campus Representative
- Association of Texas Professional Educators Local Secretary
- Campus improvement Committee
- National Award Winning Competitive Cheer Coach (7 years)
4-8th Gen Ed
Outside Teaching Experience
- Sam Houston State University World dance TA
- Maximum Athletics Dance Teacher
- Lonestar Jazz Dance Teacher
- Lynn Lucas Middle School Aristokats Drill Team (2003) Choreographer and Master Jazz Class Teacher
- Choreographed A Viewing Perspective for Rapid Eye Movement @ SHSU
Substitute Jazz Teacher at the Payne Academy of Ballet
Kally Donaldson-Evans, is a 2008 graduate of Sam Houston State University, with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance. She was also a 3 year member and officer of the Willis High School Sweetheart Drill Team where she was an award winning soloist. She has also taught many master Dance classes, and in 2003 set award winning choreography to the Lynn Lucas Middle School Aristokats Drill Team. In 2004, she felt honored, when she had the privilege to be a Judge for the ShowTime International Dance Contest, at Moody Gardens in Galveston.
While attending SHSU, Kally was on the Dean’s List and involved in Chi Tau Epsilon Dance Honor society, the SHSU Dance Company, and The American Legion Auxiliary. She also had the privilege to be the Teaching Assistant to Dr Cindy Grats' World Dance class. She was a guest performer in the Kista Tucker Dance Company concert, where she danced in Simple Stick People in 2007. In 2008 she had the privilege to compete at the American College Dance Festival and take master classes from world renowned dancers and choreographers, Kitty Daniels and Dan Wagoner. She taught Advanced Jazz dance technique, intermediate ballet, Pom, Kick, and Advanced leaps and turns for Lonestar Jazz Academy of Performing Arts; where she has also taught private dance classes and choreographed competition solos for Lonestar’s Willis Sweetheart members where many of her dancers were finalist at the 2009 ShowTime International’s National competition. She also taught Ballet technique to Maximum Athletics Elite competitive gymnast for 5 years and served as the Sam Houston State University Dance Alumni President for 4 years.
Kally is in her 9th year teaching at Lynn Lucas Middle School where she teaches 7th grade Science, 8th grade Science, served as the Science Dept. Head, taught Dance P.E., and is the former Coach of the LLMS Cheerkats. The Cheerkats, under her direction, have won many awards and 2 National Championships. While teaching Mrs. Evans has helped write curriculum for both middle schools in her district, and help develop successful 5E Science lesson plans. Mrs. Evans also serves as the Association of Texas Professional Educators Campus Rep. and Local Secretary. In 2016 Kally won The Association of Texas Professional Educators Leadership Award: Texas Campus Representative of the year.
When she has free time she is a barrel racer who loves to rodeo with her family and racing family. She also uses her love for photography to relax and spend time with her best subjects... her daughters Maeghan and Baylee.
A good education consists in knowing how to sing and dance well.-- Plato, Laws
"EDUCATION WILL NEVER BE AS EXPENSIVE AS IGNORANCE!"
"Classical dancing is like being a mother: if you've never done it, you can't imagine how hard it is."
"It's all from the Heart not just from the toes!"