Lynn Lucas Middle School students and staff have access to the following electronic resources. These resources are searchable using Destiny One Search, or for more powerful results, search them directly.
Resources login automatically on-campus, however will require a password if used at home. Unless otherwise listed, the login information for these resources is:
- eBook Collection. Books can be downloaded as a .PDF document for offline reading. These items are also included in the Destiny Discover catalog. From home, username: mrlibs
, password: student
- American West is a wide-ranging digital resource presenting a unique insight into the history of the development of the West as well as its enduring legacies. Contains maps, manuscripts, journals, rare printed books, periodicals, photographs and more.
American Indian Histories and Cultures
- American Indian Histories and Cultures is a wide-ranging digital resource presenting a unique insight into interactions between American Indians and Europeans from their earliest contact, continuing through the turbulence of the American Civil War, the on-going repercussions of government legislation, right up to the civil rights movement of the mid-twentieth century. Contains rare original documents, including: manuscripts, artwork, photographs, maps, printed materials, newspapers, and more.
- In Britannica School, students can conduct research using thousands upon thousands of searchable encyclopedia and journal articles, images, videos, audios, curated primary sources with curriculum relevance, detailed maps, editor-recommended Web sites, learning games, a world atlas, and a wealth of how-to research tools. Trust Britannica School to inspire, inform, and support exploration, discovery, and learning—any time, any place, and on any device. APP AVAILABLE
- Non-Fiction eBook collection with over 200 titles available. Not currently searchable with Destiny One Search, direct search only. APP AVAILABLE
- eBook collection with over 180,000 available titles....and a dictionary. That's a lot!
ProQuest SIRS Discoverer
- a general reference database for elementary and middle school learners, researchers, and educators covering curriculum areas and content sets such as reading, language arts, current events, science, social studies, history, health, and technology. SIRS Discoverer provides editorially-selected, indexed, and curated materials from over 2,100 newspapers, magazines, and websites offering guided research for young researchers. Users have the option to save search results directly to their Google Drive account.
- TeachingBooks.net is an easy-to-use website that adds a multimedia dimension to the reading experiences of children's and young adult books. Our online database is developed and maintained to include thousands of resources about fiction and nonfiction books used in the K–12 environment, with every resource selected to encourage the integration of multimedia author and book materials into reading and library activities.
Lerner Digital - eBook collection. Information coming soon!